Discover the joy of…
A comfortable life
A simpler life
A modified life
At A Modified Life
At A Modified Life, our mission is to provide our clients with a smooth and stress-free experience. We have taken the daunting task of relocation, downsizing or modifying your current home by offering our expert advice, support and professional services during what can be one of life’s most difficult transitions. Our team of certified and professional specialists can help guide and support you with organizing your possessions, the management of your move and arranging your new home to create a comfortable, warm and friendly new environment.
We provide local moves in Chicagoland and Western Michigan as well as across the country. We manage every step of the process which provides you with assurance that you and your possessions are well taken care of and your new place will be ready for you when you arrive.
Here is What We Do!
How we can help:
The services we provide can be customized to your specific needs including professional relocation, downsizing and aging-in-place (home modification) giving you a safer environment for the years to come.
There are many services we can offer depending on your needs, a few include: in-home assessments, organizing, packing, space planning, home staging for selling a home, estate sales, managing your move, unpack and arrange your new location to make you feel right at home.
Who are our clients:
Our clients come from many different life situations. We work directly with seniors, children, family members and friends of seniors, professionals who don’t have time to organize their own move, physically challenged and many others.
- Senior Move Managers provide a multi-faceted approach to the move process: from space planning in the beginning to post-move support and advocacy.
- Senior Move Managers minimize the chaos and stress associated with moving by addressing all aspects of the move process. They are responsible for creating and executing a seamless action plan, customized to the client’s wishes.
- Actually, some but not all Senior Move Managers are also movers. Those providers that are not movers will work closely with a reputable local moving company to complete that aspect of the job.
- With the gentle and expert guidance of an experienced Senior Move Manager, older adults and families make the key decisions without the emotional and physical distress that can follow. As a result, they avoid the costly mistakes and remorse that often accompany such major lifestyle transitions.
- Senior Move Managers do so much more than simply sort, settle, and move boxes; with loads of energy, enthusiasm and experience, Senior Move Managers take the worry (and work!) out of the move process. The client’s job is to simply enjoy his or her new living arrangement.
- Hiring a move manager brings access to a host of proven resources that have been pre-screened for the best quality and best pricing.
- To bring top dollar by preparing and staging your home for sale.
- Save frustration by developing a process that is organized and manageable.
- Compassionately work through the “letting go” process when “rightsizing”.
- Your assigned and dedicated move team will help to make your move smooth and stress free.
- Older adults
- Family and friends
- Bank and trust offices
- Attorney and executors
- Senior living communities